Photography is one of my biggest passions.
I’ve been doing photography since I was a teen — developing my own film in our school’s darkroom, taking photos for my high school and college newspapers, working at a photography store (when more of them existed), and eventually working professionally in video and television. So of course, photography has always been an important component of LL World Tour. And I know that sometimes the best part of reading a travel blog is looking at the photos, so I’ve collected all of my best travel photography posts in one convenient list. Get ready to armchair travel to some amazing places!
Best Travel Photography
1. World Travel
If you’re not sure where you want to go, start by checking out these photo essays which include shots from around the world:
- Train Stations Around the World
- Christmas Around the World
- Weddings Around the World
- New York Yankees Fans… Worldwide
- 2012: The Year in Photos
- 2013: The Year in Photos
- 2014: The Year in Photos
- 2015: The Year in Photos
And, if you’re feeling uninspired, don’t miss:
- A Little Travel Inspiration (Okay, this one is actually a video, but the video is mostly made up of still shots!)
Warning! Don’t look at these photos on an empty stomach! (Or do, they are great photos.)
- Photo Essay: KaDeWe Berlin
- 6 Reasons to Visit Gulf Shores, Alabama
- Photo Essay: A “Smorgasburg” in Brooklyn
- New York City: Eataly
- Food Glorious Food – Parma, Italy
- German Food: Eating in Berlin
- Photo Essay: Shenzhen Sampler
- Photo Essay: Feed Me, Hong Kong!
I’ve visited Europe many times over the years, and taken thousands of photos all over the continent.
- Switzerland: Interlaken & The Jungfrau
- Fjord Fun in Norway – Norway in a Nutshell
- The Metro of St. Petersburg
- Medieval-Looking Brasov, Romania
4. Latin America
I’ve worked my way done from Mexico and Costa Rica to Colombia, Ecuador, Chile and Argentina.
- Outdoor Adventures in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Photo Essay: Bogota
- Villa de Leyva, Colombia
- Photo Essay: Medellin
- Colorful Cartagena
6. The Middle East
Unsurprisingly, I take a lot of photos in my home country.
I take so many photos of my city that it warranted its own category separate from the rest of the United States.
I even wrote a series of photo essays about my favorite Chicago neighborhoods:
- Chicago Block-by-Block: Grace Street
- Chicago Block-by-Block: Astor Street
- Chicago Block-by-Block: Lakewood Balmoral District
- Chicago Block-by-Block: Rush Street
- Chicago Block-by-Block: Dearborn Parkway
- Chicago Block-by-Block: the Chicago River
- Maligne Canyon Ice Walk
- Photo of the Week: Grand Pré Winery
- Kejimkujik National Park Seaside, Nova Scotia
- Photo Essay: Vancouver
10. Cute Animals
This wouldn’t be a proper internet list post if it didn’t include photos of cute animals!
Want to see more? For all of my photo essay posts go here. In fact, all of my posts are photo-heavy, but this category is specifically for photo essays or similar.