So, besides the requisite fast food stops (McD’s, BK, Taco Bell, Arby’s) and the obligatory gas station snacks (combos, gummy worms, and, of course, chocolate bars) I’ve had some actually decent meals:
1. The Local Irish Pub, Minneapolis, MN—Farmer’s salad with Smoked Salmon: So good—the salmon wasn’t lox nor was it dry smoked. It was very moist and so tasty. The salad was filled with greens, eggs, and asparagus spears.
2. Best Western Diner in Kadoka, SD—Homemade meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans–
way better than I expected. I haven’t had meat loaf this good since mom’s.
3. The Walker Home, Somers, MT—Renee and I whipped up spaghetti w/ Bolognese sauce & Garlic Bread. Nice to eat at ‘home.’
4. Jackson, WY—Some much missed Sushi! Mmm—spicy tuna maki, and hamachi and saba sashimi
5. Mom’s House, Silverton, CO—Pork Chops, Stuffing, and Asparagus with cheese sauce. Oh and of course, a great salad. For dessert—some chocolate truffle torte I bought downtown (is there a downtown Silverton??).