Thanks for checking out my blog. I’d love to hear from you!
You can follow me on:
Who am I?
Hi! I’m Lisa. I quit my broadcast TV job in 2006 to travel around the world…something I never thought I would do until, well, until I just did it! I ended up traveling and living out of a bag for four years (three more than I initially thought I would.
I have now been to 60+ countries and six continents (hoping for Antarctica soon!) and have met so many good people all over the planet.
After 23 wonderful years in Chicago, I made a”Covid decision” to start and new chapter and recently moved back to the east coast and am currently based in in the Lehigh Valley in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
I am a freelance writer, photographer, and video producer. Go here to find out all the nitty gritty about me.
Some Highlights of My Travels
- Spanish Surfing lessons in Costa Rica
- Soared across the rainforest tree tops on a metal wire high above the Costa Rican jungle
- Got up close and personal with Sea Lions and blue footed boobies of the Galapagos
- Rode through the narrow fjords and glaciers of Chilean Patagonia
- Climbed snowy volcano in Ecuador,
- Swam with dolphins off the coast of New Zealand,
- Climbed high atop the Harbour Bridge in Sydney,
- Worked as a barrista at a café in Melbourne,
- Nervously drove on the wrong (left) side of the road on the Great Ocean Road of Australia
- Successfully accomplished a two-week bicycle tour through the rice fields Vietnam
- Sand -boarded the dunes of Dubai
- Jumped off a 10-story water fall
- Volunteered with the homeless for a week at London’s Crisis Christmas
- Cat-sat in Istanbul for Oscar & Wilde
- House and cat-sat in Hollywood Hills
- Ate goat stew in VN
- Parasailed high above the mountains in Colombia
- Taught English in Istanbul
- The Americana Project: Actor/Production Assit, , Istanbul
- Proofreader for The Dogan Group, Istanbul
- Research Assistant at The University of Koln in Cologne, Germany
- Writer, Editor, Proofreader, Voice Over for Cornelsen Publishing, Berlin, Germany
- Public Relations for Pueblo Ingles in Spain
- Extra for Central Casting in L.A.
So, it’s kind of tough after 13+ years blogging to pick the best posts, but I am going to anyway! These are some of the most popular and what I consider the most inspirational, fun, and tasty ones I’ve got. By reading through these you will have a general sense of what my travels are all about, how and why I did it, and how you can too! Hopefully you’ll laugh (and get hungry) along the way. Thanks for coming ’round.
Inspirational, I chucked-it-all posts
- Great, Quick Synopsis of My Travels
- When I First Left the USA
- Away for 6 Months Introspection from Vietnam
- Should I stay or Go?
- Mona Lisa
- Into the West
- What Goes Around Comes Around (my return to NYC)
- Running Away? (leaving again)
- How was your trip?
- Reality Sets In: How to Combat P.T.D. (Post Travel Depression) & Reverse Culture Shock
- How Easy it is to Travel Solo
- Why I Love Traveling
- Working My Way Around the World
- 5 Year Anniversary on the Blaahhhg
- 10 Things I Learned from Travel
- Flying First Class!
- Big on Bidets
- Being an ‘Extra’ in Hollywood
- Lost in Translation
- Post Offices ‘Round the World
- Locked Out
- The Great Toaster Smash-Up
- LOST: Brown Pants. May Answer to the Name, Pants
- Dino Don Video Interview
Travel Narrative Posts
- NYC, Just One Slice
- There’s Something About a City
- 24 Hours on the Chicago River [Video]
- Sailing on Lake Michigan [Video]
- The Longest Day of My Life
- Tour du Vietnam
- From Where I Stand
- Turn Left at the Goats in Turkey
- Another Sunny Day in Dubai
- Pueblo Ingles
- True Meaning of Christmas in London
- Cruising the Bottom of the World in Patagonia [Video]
- I Have a Crush On Chicago
- Sleeping in Metal Chairs
- Pura Vida
- Announcing My Book : The Ultimate Travel Tips!
- Best of LLworldtour: The Ultimate Money & Budget Travel Tips
- How to Pack Lighter: 9 Must Have Packing Tips!
- Saving Money in Between Travels
- Alternatives to Hotels
- How Can I Afford to Travel the World?
- How Can I Still Pay for it All?
- What Are You Packing?
- Flying Tips & Sites
- Cut Down the Clutter!
- How to Say Cheers in 50 Languages
….or just click here for all the Travel Tips.
I Love Food
- Ultimate Guide to my Favorite Chicago Restaurants
- Best of LLworldtour – The Ultimate Food Posts
- Parmigiano in Parma
- My Favorite NYC Restaurants
- Shenzhen Sampler
- Photo Essay – Hong Kong
- Where Does Our Food Come From?
- Chasing Taco Trucks
- Italian Food IN Italy
- What is American Food?
…or just click here for all the yummy Food.