Thanks for checking out my blog. I’d love to hear from you!
You can follow me on:
Want to work with me? Check out my services and you can also go to LLmedia for my video production and consulting.
Who am I?
Hi! I’m Lisa. I quit my broadcast TV job in 2006 to travel around the world…something I never thought I would do until, well, until I just did it! I ended up traveling and living out of a bag for four years (three more than I initially thought I would.
I have now been to 60+ countries and six continents (hoping for Antarctica soon!) and have met so many good people all over the planet.
I’m currently based in Chicago and am a freelance writer, photographer, and video producer. Go here to find out all the nitty gritty about me.
Some Highlights of My Travels
- Spanish Surfing lessons in Costa Rica
- Soared across the rainforest tree tops on a metal wire high above the Costa Rican jungle
- Got up close and personal with Sea Lions and blue footed boobies of the Galapagos
- Rode through the narrow fjords and glaciers of Chilean Patagonia
- Climbed snowy volcano in Ecuador,
- Swam with dolphins off the coast of New Zealand,
- Climbed high atop the Harbour Bridge in Sydney,
- Worked as a barrista at a café in Melbourne,
- Nervously drove on the wrong (left) side of the road on the Great Ocean Road of Australia
- Successfully accomplished a two-week bicycle tour through the rice fields Vietnam
- Sand -boarded the dunes of Dubai
- Jumped off a 10-story water fall
- Volunteered with the homeless for a week at London’s Crisis Christmas
- Cat-sat in Istanbul for Oscar & Wilde
- House and cat-sat in Hollywood Hills
- Ate goat stew in VN
- Parasailed high above the mountains in Colombia
- Taught English in Istanbul
- The Americana Project: Actor/Production Assit, , Istanbul
- Proofreader for The Dogan Group, Istanbul
- Research Assistant at The University of Koln in Cologne, Germany
- Writer, Editor, Proofreader, Voice Over for Cornelsen Publishing, Berlin, Germany
- Public Relations for Pueblo Ingles in Spain
- Extra for Central Casting in L.A.
So, it’s kind of tough after 13+ years blogging to pick the best posts, but I am going to anyway! These are some of the most popular and what I consider the most inspirational, fun, and tasty ones I’ve got. By reading through these you will have a general sense of what my travels are all about, how and why I did it, and how you can too! Hopefully you’ll laugh (and get hungry) along the way. Thanks for coming ’round.
Inspirational, I chucked-it-all posts
- Great, Quick Synopsis of My Travels
- When I First Left the USA
- Away for 6 Months Introspection from Vietnam
- Should I stay or Go?
- Mona Lisa
- Into the West
- What Goes Around Comes Around (my return to NYC)
- Running Away? (leaving again)
- How was your trip?
- Reality Sets In: How to Combat P.T.D. (Post Travel Depression) & Reverse Culture Shock
- How Easy it is to Travel Solo
- Why I Love Traveling
- Working My Way Around the World
- 5 Year Anniversary on the Blaahhhg
- 10 Things I Learned from Travel
- Flying First Class!
- Big on Bidets
- Being an ‘Extra’ in Hollywood
- Lost in Translation
- Post Offices ‘Round the World
- Locked Out
- The Great Toaster Smash-Up
- LOST: Brown Pants. May Answer to the Name, Pants
- Dino Don Video Interview
Travel Narrative Posts
- NYC, Just One Slice
- There’s Something About a City
- 24 Hours on the Chicago River [Video]
- Sailing on Lake Michigan [Video]
- The Longest Day of My Life
- Tour du Vietnam
- From Where I Stand
- Turn Left at the Goats in Turkey
- Another Sunny Day in Dubai
- Pueblo Ingles
- True Meaning of Christmas in London
- Cruising the Bottom of the World in Patagonia [Video]
- I Have a Crush On Chicago
- Sleeping in Metal Chairs
- Pura Vida
- Announcing My Book : The Ultimate Travel Tips!
- Best of LLworldtour: The Ultimate Money & Budget Travel Tips
- How to Pack Lighter: 9 Must Have Packing Tips!
- Saving Money in Between Travels
- Alternatives to Hotels
- How Can I Afford to Travel the World?
- How Can I Still Pay for it All?
- What Are You Packing?
- Flying Tips & Sites
- Cut Down the Clutter!
- How to Say Cheers in 50 Languages
….or just click here for all the Travel Tips.
I Love Food
- Ultimate Guide to my Favorite Chicago Restaurants
- Best of LLworldtour – The Ultimate Food Posts
- Parmigiano in Parma
- My Favorite NYC Restaurants
- Shenzhen Sampler
- Photo Essay – Hong Kong
- Where Does Our Food Come From?
- Chasing Taco Trucks
- Italian Food IN Italy
- What is American Food?
…or just click here for all the yummy Food.
Subscribe now and get my downloadable FREE Travel Tips Guide with all my best tips to help you travel cheaper, safer, and easier today!
No spam, I promise!