It will come as no surprise to long-time readers that one of my favorite parts of traveling is the food. Whether I’m sampling something for the first time in a distant country or trying a new restaurant in my hometown, I always like to share my dining experiences and “food porn” photos here on LL World Tour. Now, for your convenience, you can find many of my mouthwatering food posts in one place.
1. New York City
- New York Eats: My Favorite Manhattan Restaurants
- Photo Essay: A “Smorgasburg” in Brooklyn
- Eataly: The “Italian Whole foods” Comes to NYC
- Just One Slice! Pizza in New York
Obviously, New York isn’t the only place to get good food in the US. There’s also my other hometown of Chicago:
- Ethnic Chicago
- Chicago’s Green City Market
- Chicago Eats: My Ultimate Guide to Chicago’s Best Restaurants
- Chicago’s Best NON Deep Dish Pizza
- Chicago’s Best Outdoor Dining
- Eating Like a Rock Star at the Chicago Gourmet
- Chicago: A Mexican Food Tour through Pilsen
3. The Rest of the U.S.A.
- 6 Reasons to Visit Gulf Shores, Alabama
- Top Reasons to Visit Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Where to Eat in Pittsburgh
- Where to Eat in New Orleans Now!
- 36 Hours in Philly
- Where to Eat in East Liberty, Pittsburgh
A couple years ago, I spent some time in Nova Scotia, loving it and chowing down on some of the great seafood of Atlantic Canada.
- An Afternoon in Shelburne, Nova Scotia
- For the Love of Lobster – The “Right” Way to Make and Eat Lobster
- Foods of Nova Scotia – Have You Heard of These Nova Scotian Specialties?
5. Latin America
So much good food south of the border. I finally am working my way around Mexico…it’s got to be one of my favorite food countries for sure!
- Where to Eat in San Miguel De Allende
- Where to Eat in Mexico City
- Where to Eat in Guadalajara
- Where to Eat in Puerto Rico
- Cooking Changua in Villa de Leyva, Colombia
- Luang Prabang Night Markets
- What to Eat in Goa
- Photo Essay: Shenzhen Sampler
- Photo Essay: Feed Me, Hong Kong!
- Kuala Lumpur Cuisine: Global or Local?
It’s hard not to eat well on this continent!
- Eat Local: Where to Eat in Rome
- Eat Local: Where to Eat in Venice
- Photo of the Week: Food Glorious Food – Parma, Italy
- Eat + Italy = Italy
- The Bountiful Boot: Italian Food!
- What to Eat in Emilia Romagna
Other Delicious European Experiences:
- Eat Local: Where to Eat in Slovenia
- Where to Eat in Basel
- Every Gram Counts at Hiltl: The World’s Oldest Vegetarian Restaurant
- Breakfast in Norway
- Where to Eat in St Petersburg
- Fancy a Fika? Coffee Culture in Sweden
8. Foodie Musings
Clearly, I love eating food, but I also spend a fair amount of time just thinking about it. For example, I like to think about where our food comes from and share tips on how to eat more sustainably.
- Where Does Our Food Come From?
- Two Part Series: How to Live Simpler, Cheaper, and Happier! (check out the last section of this post)
I’ve also written about how travel turned me into a coffee drinker, what “American food” means, and some of the odd things I ate during the first year of my round the world trip.
Of course, there’s also the story of how I got a job as a barista in Melbourne with no work visa:
And, in case you made it through this entire post and weren’t enticed by any of the yummy links, here’s a random, funny read: