I love getting a massage. It’s one of my favorite things besides eating. But what if you are traveling and you just don’t have the funds or the time? Although I found cheap massages in many lesser developed countries and took advantage of the inexpensive treats, sometimes it would be nice if there was an easier alternative.
T Spheres Massage Balls
Enter ‘t spheres’ Aromatherapy Massage Balls. What?
t spheres, or “tranquility spheres,” are golf ball-sized self-massage “tools” that combine massage and aromatherapy in one simple, portable product. According to their website, celebs like Brooke Shields, Coldplay, and Rita Wilson have tried and like them. Hmmm…these folks all can afford a personal masseuse, not sure why they’d settle for two rubber balls, but that doesn’t mean they are not good.
How to Use T Spheres Massage Balls
They basically remind me of the rubber super balls we used to bounce around as kids. To use, you lay down on a hard surface or stand against a wall and place the balls under your back and let the pressure of your body and slight movements create a self-massage. It’s like using a tennis ball or handball, but they smell much better.
What’s Good about T Spheres?
- When I got them in the right spot, it felt really good.
- They are small and portable.
- They come in a handy plastic lined pouch.
What’s Not Great about T Spheres?
- Although aromatherapy can be nice, I personally found the smell to be overpowering. These were a mix of peppermint and grapefruit and I’m personally not a huge fan of either one of those smells.
- The spots I where I have the most tension are the hardest to get simply because they are up near my neck and the balls would always just roll out from under me and not stay put as they reached my shoulders.
- To get them in the right spot took a bit of work and was not as relaxing or exact as a real massage.
I like the idea of them and the fact that they take up little room and are so portable, but I am not sure I would use them all that much. When I got them in the right spot after some coaxing, they did feel good, but I would of course much prefer a loved one to give me a proper massage.
t spheres range from $20 for tiny t spheres to $35 + shipping per set.
You can buy them on Amazon HERE.
Disclosure: I was sent this product to review. As always, all writing is my own.